GET YOUR JHS BAND SPIRIT WEAR!
The on-line store for JHS Bands Spirit Wear will be open from Monday, August 13-Monday, August 20, 2018. Orders received during this time will be delivered the week of September 10, likely mid to late week. And for new band members, the garment bag is highly recommended to use for football game performances in the fall!
Website Opens for Orders: Monday, August 13, 2018
Deadline to Order: Monday, August 20, 2018
Delivery Date: Late during the week of September 10, 2018
Even though the website gives a choice for delivery options, ALL orders received by August 20 will be sent to JBBC Spirit Wear Coordinator, Amy Pederson and will be distributed to students at practice during the week of September 17.
2018-2019 Scholarship Due Dates: Oct. 22, Jan. 22, and April 22
The Jefferson Band Booster Club (JBBC) is excited to offer a scholarship program which awards grants to eligible Jefferson High School Band students. This program is designed to offer financial assistance for students wanting to expand their musical knowledge and/or participate in eligible band related opportunities. Scholarship grants will be offered each trimester of the school year. Band directors, band secretary, and flag advisors can provide input; however, members of the JBBC committee will have the final say in determining the grant award recipients. When determining grant award recipients, emphasis will be placed on three key points – 1) form is complete and turned in on time, 2) student submitted request for an applicable program, 3) student’s narrative properly explains the merits/benefits of the program.
Applicant must comply with these rules and guidelines, as noted on the application form:
Rules and Guidelines:
- Scholarship/grant is available to all Jefferson High School student band program participants after completion of two (trimester period) band programs. (This includes flag corps members and baton twirlers)
- Scholarship/grant covers up to 50% of approved expenditure.
- Maximum dollar allotment per student per school year is $110. Prior recipients may apply again after five succeeding trimesters have passed.
- Program and/or activity must occur within nine months of the applicant’s funding request.
- Applicant must provide a detailed explanation and/or pamphlet explaining what scholarship/grant funding will be used for.
- Applicant must complete a short narrative explaining why he/she should be considered for scholarship/grant funding.
- Applicant must complete all volunteer obligations per JBBC guidelines.
- Applicant must show proof of payment for the activity through a copy of registration form, canceled check, welcome letter, program with students name in it or similar after the activity is completed or paid for.
Examples of eligible programs and/or activities include:
- All-State Band
- Tuition for Music, Drumline, Baton Twirling or Flag Corps Camps or Clinics, including summer camps
- Honor Band
- JHS Jazz Band, Jazz Collective, and Show Choir Bands
- Flag Corps Winterguard
- Greater Twin Cities Youth Orchestra
- Private lessons – initial (start-up) lessons or as recommended by Band Director(s)
Examples of non-eligible programs and/or activities include:
- Any activity that can be paid with escrow dollars earned through JBBC fundraising, such as:
– Band Banquets
– Uniform rental or purchase
– Equipment rental or purchase
– Band travel/trips
- Programs and/or activities that do not enhance or expand on education and fundamentals provided & supported through the JHS Bands, Baton Twirler and Flag Corps programs